Our on-site staff includes; Shaun Bezilla, PGA Golf Professional, Clubhouse Manager, Rebecca Mayer, Superintendent, Clayton Novak and Assistant Superintendent, Ted Bodzick. All are happy to assist you and help make your visit more enjoyable.
Please feel free to call the Pro Shop for advance tee time reservations at 231-526-2951.
Shaun Bezilla, Golf Professional
Shaun Bezilla, a Ferris State University Professional Golf Management graduate, is Harbor Point’s Head Golf Professional. Shaun is a 16-year member of the PGA of America while also serving as a Certified First Tee Coach at The First Tee of Boyne Highlands. Shaun is a member of the Internet Golf Academy, K-Vest Instructor and owner/operator of the Shaun Bezilla’s School of Golf located at Harbor Point Golf Club. Shaun brings a wealth of enthusiasm, knowledge and experience to his position, having served at some of the country’s finest resorts and clubs. Shaun is eager to make sure your visit to Harbor Point is a memorable one. You can reach Shaun via email.
Rebecca Mayer, Clubhouse Manager
Rebecca Mayer, a Michigan State University graduate, has been with the Harbor Point Staff since 2009 and is a native to Petoskey. She is responsible for coordinating all events at the club and overseeing day to day operations. For any questions involving clubhouse events and news, Rebecca can be reached by email.
Clayton Novak, Superintendent
Clayton joined the Harbor Point team in 2006. He brings a wealth of groundskeeping experience to the Harbor Point Golf Club. Clayton and his staff have worked wonders in the refurbishment of the course and its continuing excellent condition. He oversees all course improvements to ensure that they stay true to the history of the golf course.
Ted Bodzick, Assistant Superintendent
Ted has been with Harbor Point Association since 1975. He is a licensed builder and has the institutional memory that is vital to his position as Assistant Superintendent of the Golf Club. Ted can be reached via email.
Jim Rynes, Chef
Jim has been with the Harbor Point staff since 2012. He is a graduate of the Great Lakes Culinary Institute and trained under Chef Thomas Donahue, a two time James Beard award winner. Jim has spent 12 years in fine dining, and personally prepares the menu for all special events at the Club.
Sarah Whitman, Head Server
Sarah Whitman joined the Harbor Point staff in 2015. She oversees the dining room wait staff, and helps to coordinate all dining room activities throughout the season.
Dan Seamon, Golf Maintenance Mechanic
Dan began working at the Harbor Point Golf Course in 2012. He is the on hand mechanic, and has brought a wealth of knowledge with him to the course.
Pro Shop Staff
- Caroline Carter, Harbor Springs High School
- Taylor Golding, Harbor Springs Faculty
- Jon Parlow, Retired
- Abigail Zmikly, Oakland University
Outside Services Staff
The staff at Harbor Point Golf Club would not be complete without the following bag staff:
- Madi Bezilla, Harbor Springs High School
- Perry Bower, University of Michigan
- Adam Cavitt, Northern Michigan University
- Ethan Eckerle, Petoskey High School
- Dennis Schanski, Retired Harbor Springs High School Faculty
- Jeff Schlehuber, Harbor Springs High School
- Peter Tippett, Harbor Springs High School
- Aaron Zmikly, Harbor Springs High School
Dining Room Staff
- Sophia Billideau, Harbor Springs High School
- Edwina Boring, North Central Michigan College
- Perry Bower, University of Michigan
- Andrew Hartman, Central Michigan University
Golf Maintenance Staff
- Ron Ira, one of the newest members to join our staff in 2012
- Chad Johnson, a member of the staff since 2009
- David Marihugh, staff member since 1985
- Roger Wiklanski, a member of the staff since 2008